Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy VD!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know, I know, it's cheesy. But since it involves the color red and chocolate, it's one of my favorite Hallmark days.

What does a horror/paranormal mystery author do on Valentine's Day? Well, there are many things I should be doing, like editing my current project, or perhaps even making a honest attempt at actually finishing it. Naw!

Today I plan to cook a turkey and homemade rum cake. Of course, my last encounter with the dreaded bird (that would be Thanksgiving), was a horror story unto itself. After 5 hours in the oven, it was raw...I'm talking Wes Craven flick bloody! So as my guests are coming through the door with hugs, kisses and healthy appetites, I find I can't give them the bird. :)

Turns out the oven wasn't working properly.

So, the following Monday, I had a service man out to look at the oven and of course, it was working just fine. It has worked fine ever since. At that moment I became ROASTER-PHOBIC.

Today's attempt at "getting back on the horse", or the bird, is a form of therapy so I can get over my fears. It's all good. No pressure. If it doesn't work out this time, I'm all for ordering a pizza and of course, there's the rum cake. No problem.

So here's to all and happy VD!

Tune in for next exciting episode of AS THE BIRD FLIES.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment